The construction is pretty good and carrying the pad is pretty comfortable for the size. The weight of this pad helps with that because it weighs very little for the size of the pad (go ahead and compare them). The shoulder straps are padded, the waist belt is large and has a beefy buckle and the closure system for the pad is pretty intuitive. Overall this pad has all the features that benefit any bouldering pad. I do like the zipper closure for the bottom because I am always afraid of having gear slide out while hiking the trail or jumping around in a talus field. The carpet in the middle of the pad puts the icing on the cake for sure.
Specs and Features:
- 85.7L x 47W x 4H inches
- 18.5 lbs.
- Padded shoulder straps with waist belt
- Daisy chain on each shoulder strap
- Edelrid E in the center of the pad is carpet
- Beefy buckles at every attachment
- 3 pull handles
- Zipper closure for bottom when pad folds up